According to various surveys, the majority of us bail on our resolution(s) by the end of January. We can’t even hang in there for a full four weeks. It’s estimated that less than 20% of us keep our resolutions.
Whether you make New Year’s Resolutions or just set goals for your voice over business, I do believe it’s important to have targets for 2013. After all, as they say, if you aim at nothing you’ll hit it every time. So it’s better to aim at something!
With this in mind, I’ve created a list of 20 questions to ask yourself as you head in 2013.
From these questions, hopefully you can create some goals (or resolutions) and stick with them towards a successful and prosperous new year!
20 Questions For 2013
1) Do you have a financial goal for 2013?
2) Do you have a dream project you’d like to voice and will go after in 2013?
3) Do you have a dream client you’d like to partner with and will go after in 2013?
4) Do you have any studio / equipment upgrades you’d like to complete in 2013?
5) Do you have any professional development plans for 2013 (Seminars, Webinars, Classes)?
6) Do you have any personal development plans for 2013 (Entrepreneurship Course? Accounting Course? Marketing Course?)
7) Is it time to create a new demo?
8) Is it time to create a niche demo?
9) What is your marketing plan for 2013?
10) How will you expand your professional network in 2013?
11) How will you expand your social network in 2013?
12) Is it time for a new computer?
13) Is it time for new digital audio software?
14) Is it time for new bookkeeping software or a new bookkeeper?
15) Does your web site need an overhaul in 2013?
16) What blogs / podcasts / newsletters will you subscribe to in 2013?
17) Will 2013 be the year you finally go paperless in your studio?
18) Do you have a mentor? Will you get one in 2013?
19) Do you need an agent? Will you get one 2013?
20) How will you give back in 2013?
QUESTION: Have any questions you’d add to this list? Share them in the comments.