I really believe that we, as individuals, have the capacity to accomplish anything we desire. That doesn’t mean it will come easy. In fact, it will take hard work, dedication, perseverance and persistence. But if you’re willing to commit, you can do it.
If you’re here, it’s because you want to be great at voice over. Maybe you want to do it full-time, maybe part-time, maybe you’ve got specific goals you want to accomplish. Either way, you’re already taking a step in the right direction.
You’re committed to learning!
5 Steps You Can Take Towards Becoming Successful At Voice Over
1) Help Others: I’m a firm believer that we reap what we sow in this life. For that reason, I’ve always been the kind of guy that’s committed to helping others achieve their goals. When you help others, others will help you. I think successful people are giving people.
2) Model Others: Want to be the best video game voice actor out there? Then find the most successful video game voice actors out there and do what they do. Read their blogs. Listen to their demos. Follow them on social media. Absorb any information they share. Attend conferences or seminars they speak at. Don’t stalk them! Just learn from them.
3) Gain Confidence: We are all good at something. Maybe you’re a great cook. A fabulous artist. Maybe you make wonderful creations with wood. Perhaps you sing or act or make balloon animals. Whatever you’re great at… do it often! As you experience success in that thing your confidence will grow and bring the determination you need to succeed in voice over.
4) Preparation: If you think you can just get a microphone and some digital editing software and be on your way, you’re mistaken and you will fail. No success comes without first preparing. Take classes. Attend seminars and conferences. Get a coach. Find a mentor. Success is the reward of great effort!
Success is the reward of great effort!
5) Check Your Attitude: You’ll face setbacks. There will be challenges. Good days and bad days. Dry-spells and rejections. Don’t give up. Don’t doubt yourself or your talent. If you believe can’t, you won’t. If you believe you can, you will.
“You never fail until you stop trying.”
~ Albert Einstein