There’s no question the voice over business is a competitive one. I do this full-time. I believe I do a great job for my clients. I’m grateful for the success I’ve already achieved and for the success I know is in my future.
But I struggle.
It’s hard. There are thousands upon thousands of other very talented people with microphones and computers and studios and voices.
About Your Competition
There are a few things you need to know about your competition. A few facts that, if you consider them carefully, might help you beat them.
- They’re just as smart as you. Maybe smarter. They know what it takes to be a successful entrepreneur.
- They’re working hard every single day. They’re submitting more voice over auditions than you. They’re putting in longer hours than you.
- They’ve got great equipment. They’ve spent money investing in quality equipment to provide quality sound.
- Their skills are up to date. They’ve participated in webinars. Read books. Received coaching. Attended conferences.
- They’re networking. Prospecting. Not waiting for clients to come find them. They’re going and finding clients.
- They’re treating their clients like gold. Doing whatever it takes to keep them satisfied.
- They want what you have!